Establishing an online presence is essential in today’s business world. But how do you drive traffic to your website, especially when your marketing budget is next to zero? Here are seven suggestions.
1. Create valuable content. It doesn’t matter if it’s an FAQ, blog post, infographic or video; if you create content that provides value and a clear call to action (CTA), your audience will respond.
2. Become a guest blogger. Not only does guest blogging help drive traffic to your website, but it also establishes you as an industry leader. Featuring the content of respected industry insiders on your own blog will also get the word out about your products and services.
3. Provide webinars or podcasts. Webinars and podcasts educate and entertain an audience in a more personal way. They also create a stronger sense of loyalty and more referral traffic.
4. Speak at events. Remember real-world interactions? Speaking engagements allow you to share your knowledge and expertise. And your audience will be more likely to seek you out online.
5. Cross-reference campaigns. Going viral may not be in the cards for every social campaign, but there are certain tricks you can implement to make the most of your postings. For example, use your Twitter bio to feature your most popular content, complete with a compelling CTA.
6. Offer something free. Drive traffic to your website by providing a free download, such as a chapter of an e-book, a helpful infographic or a tutorial. You can also hold a giveaway or contest and require entrants to fill out a form.
7. Stay engaged. Posting to your blog and social media accounts is just the beginning. Continue to add value by engaging with your followers. Respond to comments, encourage discussion and let people know you’re grateful for their attention.