These days, if you don’t have some kind of social media presence, your business is bound to collect dust. Gone are the days when billboard advertising displays were enough to get your company noticed.
Now, a flashy billboard on the highway with your business name and phone number will only get you so far.
Social media is growing more complex every day. Whether you want to believe it or not, our society has been centered around it for quite a long time. How successfully you display the value of your brand hinges upon how good you are at branding yourself and your business on social media sites.
Here are 3 useful social media tips to get you started!
1. Set SMART Goals
You want to make sure before you even start to build your social media presence that you know the direction you want to take and how to take it.
SMART stands for:
- Specific: Which channels are best suited to your business model?
- Measurable: Can you track if and how people are engaging with your posts?
- Achievable: What is the most realistic way to increase your response rate?
- Relevant: Does the social media site you’re using attract your ideal consumer?
- Timely: Can you increase your Twitter following by 25% every month?
Go in with a game plan instead of posting aimlessly. This will not only help you make progress in quantity but in quality, too. Knowing who you’re ideal consumer is will give you the foundation you need to tailor your content to them.
This saves both you and your ideal consumer time.
2. Choosing the Right Social Media Networks
Whether your company assists small businesses in generating leads, or it sells commercial products, you want to be picky about which platform you use. Using the wrong network could put you at a disadvantage. Using the right one will give you leverage.
- Facebook: Great for businesses who want to build relationships with their consumers
- Snapchat: Used for promos, personal content, and building relationships with influencers in your niche
- Twitter: Best suited to posting time-sensitive material like breaking news events and trending topics
- LinkedIn: Used for B2B and B2C initiatives, and generating leads
Keep in mind that you don’t have to stick to one social media site while branding your business. Try to figure out which social media sites work best to leverage the different branches of your business.
3. The Best Social Media Presence Is Personable
Here is an important question.
You want to provide value to your ideal consumer, right?
If your answer was yes, then here’s the thing. You and your business must have a likable personality. Nobody is going to interact with your Twitter posts if all you do is post links to your product line.
Nowadays, the most successful brands are the ones who talk to their followers as if they were their friends.
It All Comes Down to Knowing Why
If your followers know why you do what you do, then you’re already on your way to getting more followers. Paid advertising is useless if nobody is playing telephone with one another and ranting and raving about how great your products and services are.
If you can align your values with those of your ideal consumer, your social media presence will grow by default.
People can easily sniff out insincerity, so be sincere!
If you want to learn more about building your brand, visit our APS Marketing Group About Page. Having been in the business branding sector since 1980, APS Marketing Group has helped businesses build brands that last.